Sunday, August 8, 2010

Apparently, Optimus Prime Needed MORE GUNS!


Here it is, Powermaster Optimus Prime. This is the first original figure in box I have ever purchased. I have to say, I am very pleased. I paid the ebayer a day after the auction, and it took 13 days to arrive. The wait was killing me! Fricken slow ass shippers...

I would give backgrounds to these figure, but I don't have the time or the patience to do so. Research: I don't do it. What I can tell you is that I remember when I originally got it when I was 6 years old, and completely lost my shit. I played the snot out of it, and never got tired of popping the little dude in and out of Optimus's chest. Yes, my dad was a superhero that day.

So I took this one over to show my dad to watch the memories flow back. He told me that he remembered when he went to Kmart to buy it, that my grandma said it was "too much toy." She might have been right, but that was coming from the grandama that bought me cat toys for Christmas, and I didn't have a cat. He also said he couldn't afford beer for 3 weeks after buying it. The sacrifices fathers make for their children...

Here's some more pics. I have 2 more figures on the way! Stay tuned to see which ones I got!





3 comments:

  1. Love the quirky family stories, like cat toys for Christmas and sacrificing beer money. LOL

    PowerMaster Prime is a great place to begin again. He's not as well-loved as the original Prime toy, but he really is a lot of fun, and it's cool how he's two Optimus Prime toys in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad he has like NO articulation. Powermaster Prime has two poses, erect, and splits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, G1 toys aren't known for their poseability. It doesn't matter much to me, as they nonetheless encouraged childhood imagination and were often nifty toys anyway.

    ReplyDelete